Class Schedule and Descriptions
The focus of this therapeutic class is:
- To create strength and mobility in every major synovial joint in the body.
- To make sure this practice is accessible and tailored to each individual.
- To give each person the tools to develop and maintain a personal practice insuring continued mobility for a lifetime.
- This practice can be done supine, seated in a chair, seated on floor (more challenging) or standing. It is so specific to joints that it is a beneficial addition to any other yoga practice.
Manjula IYTA-certified yoga therapist brings 28years of special training in Yoga therapy and working with those who have mobility challenges. She brings a wealth of knowledge to this class.
This Intermediate Integral Yoga Hatha Level II practice will allow you to:
- Move deeper into the practices once you have a foundation to build on.
- Create longer holds in postures
- Develop step by step ways to access more complex poses
- Understand the use of bandhas, kriyas, and mudras
- Move deeper into the pranayama practices learned in level I
- Experience deeper meditation
This is the perfect class for anyone wishing to mover deeper into the practices of Yoga.
A gentle practice for active mature populations.
This practice is a complete Integral Yoga practice with all the benefits of a level I class yet a gentler approach. In this gentle practice you will:
- Warm the body up well with gentle movements that prepare you to:
- Bend the spine backward, forward, invert the body in a safe and supported way, and twist it from side to side.
- You will learn the benefit of these movements.
- And integrate them into the tissue with a guided relaxation, ending with gentle pranayama (breathing exercises) leading into a brief meditation.
This beautiful practice is taught by two gifted teachers Anna Eidsvik and Eleanor Walker (alternately) who bring their experience as seasoned Yoga and meditation practitioners.
Hatha Level III
This is the most challenging class that we offer.
In this Integral Yoga Hatha III class we:
- Offer less instruction with longer holds and more complex asana.
- Develop a consistent inward focus throughout the practice while maintaining a balanced state between effort and relaxation.
- Integrate bandha, mudra and retention in pranayama.
- Extend silent sitting meditation to finish our time together.
If you are a seasoned practitioner please come and join Manjula and this group of dedicated yogis!
Hatha Level I/II
This is one of our most popular classes!
We call this a Level I/II class. It is unique in that:
- It is adaptable to several levels of practice once you have a foundation to build on.
- Variations are taught for all conditions of body/mind.
- Students practice according to their level of development while staying with the flow of the class.
- It is a warm welcoming class for all ages and all types of bodies.
Please join Manjula and friends for a great way to celebrate the week end and enjoy your Saturday morning.